Friday, October 23, 2009

The Play Date Cafe Challenge #1







Hello everyone! Here's my submission for The Play Date Cafe challenge #1. I have to say that the colors for this challenge are not ones I'd think to use but I'll darned if I don't love them! I guess that's the purpose of color challenges, right --- to get us to think outside the box! My card is on the cutsie side and pretty straightforward. The stamp is one of my favorites from Penny Black. I embossed it on watercolor paper, cut it out with my scalloped oval Nestabilities dies and then colored it with a combination of watercolor pencils and my ZIG markers. The papers are from K&Co. and I made the flowers with punches and some brushed nickel (looks like it anyway) brads. I'm including a picture of the inside of the card too. I always finish the insides of my cards because it's sort of a let down to look at the front of a pretty card and then open it up and see nothing inside. I think it's fun to make the inside of the card a surprise too!

I hope you're all having a beautiful day. It's rainy and gray here today but I have lots to keep me busy inside the house - so I don't mind! Thanks for stopping by and please visit again!

OH (one more thing)! If you'd like to play along with the color challenge at The Play Date Cafe click here to go to Julie's blog for all the information! There are prizes involved so don't miss it!

Hugs!
Sue :o)

11 comments:

  1. SO nice to have you along for the very first Play Date Cafe Challenge! This card is really adorable. So glad that you ended up liking the colors together.

    We truly appreciate the support you have been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, those hedgehogs were created for that paper, lol, and those lady bugs at the bottom, so very sweet, Thanks so much for playing with us this week. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Sue! This card is so stinkin' cute! I love those hedgies & you did an awesome job using those colors! Love all the flower layer & the embossing! :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cute :) I too liked the colours but are not ones I'd choose to work with and yes, like you say, that's the challenge! I just love this card. I also love how we're all responding with different styles :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Penny black hedgehogs! They are super adorable, Love the flowers on the front of the card, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so cute.. I LOVE thoes little hedgies.. soooo cute...I love your embossing and your coloring technique is wonderful.. :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card! Love those hedgehogs--they just always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful. I love tghe colour combo and that image is soooo cute. Your flowers are gorgeous
    Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute!! I like how you embossed your flower, looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is soooo cute! And the inside was done so beautifully also! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sue! Beautiful card! Great entry for the challenge! Love the flowers and brads you added!

    ReplyDelete