Friday, October 30, 2009

It's The Great Pumpkin!







Well, I've been making cards all day today -- I just haven't had time to take pictures. So instead I thought I'd share some pictures I took tonight at the Pumpkin Guy's house. That's what we call the guy who makes an awesome display like this every year. His whole front yard is filled with HUGE pumpkins that he carves and then illuminates from inside with car headlights. These babies are way too big for candles. Every year he has a theme and this year's is, as you probably already guessed, Charlie Brown! Last year's theme was Dr. Seuss and the year before that he did the Seven Dwarfs. The neat thing about it (other than the smile it brings to your face) is that he doesn't charge a fee to see the pumpkins. He does it just for people to enjoy, and boy do they. We've never been there when there hasn't been a ton of people.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe Halloween tomorrow. My son is too big (and cool) to go trick or treating anymore, and if he decides to go anyway he certainly won't want Mom going along. Sniff sniff. It seems like just yesterday he was dressed up as Cookie Monster and was barely able to climb the porches to knock on the door and I had to hold his little hand every step of the way. Oh well, they grow up fast. Thank goodness for scrapbooks so we can remember when they were little!

Hugs!
Sue :o)

1 comment:

  1. I know, my youngest son is 17 now, the years flew by! And OH WOW on those pumpkins, those are AMAZING! That's so cool he does this every year and has a theme, I'd love going to see something like this, TFS...and Happy Halloween! :)

    ReplyDelete