Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I Finally Got Her Done!







This is the Halloween card for my niece -- isn't this little witch the cutest? She's a digital stamp from Enchanted Inspirations. You can find a link to Michelle's blog on my sidebar. I knew exactly what I wanted to do with this image - it was just finding time to sit down and do it!

I printed 3 copies of the image - 2 on white card stock and one on purple. I wanted the dress to be a vibrant purple and I just wasn't liking what I came up with using markers or watercolors. So I paper pieced the dress instead. I just printed it off, cut it out and the glued it down on one of the white images. Everything else is colored with my ZIG markers. I used the second copy printed on white to color in and cut out all the little candy corns on her dress. The stars I colored with my silver gel pen and I went over the little polka dots with a copper gel pen. Oh and do you like the little fringe at the bottom of her dress? Once I cut the purple dress out I turned it over, added a strip of double sided tape and then cut little pieces of black embroidery thread and stuck it into the tape. Once that was done I turned it over and gave it a trim.

The rest of the card was pretty easy. I sponged the witch's panel with both black and navy blue ink. The flowers were made with a combination of punches and Cuttlebug dies. Oh and that orange and gold polka-dotted paper I got at the Target Dollar Spot.

Thanks for stopping by!
Sue :o)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sue!

    Oh, she is so gorgeous! I love the colors and all of the embellishments! You have to come and join my group so you can add her to our photo gallery!

    I wanted to email you and tell you that I am having a 2 for 1 sale at my etsy shop until Halloween!

    Thanks for sharing your lovely card with all of us, you are so talented, Sue!

    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is super cute! Love the paper peicing! Her dress is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, love the sponged background and her dress! That polka dot paper is great, nice find!

    ReplyDelete