Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Holly Jolly Christmas




I finally got around to making some Christmas cards! Isn't this little snowman the cutest? He's from Penny Black (got him at 7 Kids College Fund) and I embossed and colored him on watercolor paper. I used an old speckle stamp and turquoise ink to add some "snow", and then beneath him I added crystal Stickles for some sparkle. That reminds me - I need to buy a new bottle of crystal Stickles. When I went to use it this time the tip was clogged. I tried routing it out with a stick pin and when that didn't work I got the bright idea to cut "just a little bit" of the tip off the bottle. Well, I cut a little too much of the tip off and when I went to use it I ended up with a sparkly desk and fingers. LOL. Oh well. These things happen. The big snowflake is chipboard, the medium ones are from Martha Stewart, and the little ones came from a punch I bought a long time ago. The blue background paper is Basic Grey and the rest is just card stock. I think he turned out pretty cute!

Well I'm off and back to my craft room to work on some orders! I hope you're all having a great day! Blessings!
Sue :o)

4 comments:

  1. What an adorable snowman! Great card too! The love all the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, these are so cute. I have appreciated your encouragement lately. Love the look of your blog, too. ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sue! That snowman IS adorable!
    What is it with Stickles, the same thing happens to me all the time- I always have to use a stick pin- lol. Thank you SO much for your thoughts and prayers. I've been praying a lot lately too- so I'm glad God can hear it from another dear one!! Your etsy store looks great, much success to you girl! Hope you gets lots of orders! xOxO deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. This lil' snowman card is sooo cute! I love the teeny tiny buttons & glittery snow! :) TFS

    ReplyDelete