Monday, August 17, 2009

White Butterflies




I'm sure I'm no different than most of you out there. Sometimes I get in a rut in the craft room and feel like I'm doing the same thing over and over again. I get bored and feel uninspired. That's where I was this weekend, so I did what I usually do when I'm in a rut and I clean and reoganize my craft room. Usually a neat workspace is enough to get me going again, but that still didn't do it so I had to search for an alternate route. I decided to pull out a few of my old issues of Somerset Studio and browse the pages for inspiration and that finally did it! Now, I have to say I'm no good at the kind of artwork I see in Somerset Studio, but often I get inspired by the themes and color combinations I find there. In the particular issue I was reading, the theme was WHITE and that's what gave me the idea for this card. I've had this "crackle" paper in my stash forever and this Stampin' Up! set has been on my desk for awhile and instantly I thought about putting the two together. I embossed the butterflies in white on cream card stock, cut them out and then adhered them to the card on foam tape. Then I added some pearls since I was rolling with the white theme :o) and then embossed the sentiment in gold to give the card some more sparkle. Here's the recipe:

Stamps: Stampin' Up!
Paper: DCWV, cream and white card stock
Ink: Clear embossing ink and white embossing powder, gold detail embossing powder
Accessories: Cuttlebug, embossing folder (I don't remember the name of it but it's like little squares), deckle scissors, and mini pearls (Michael's).

I'm hoping to get some more time down in my craft room today, but I'm not sure if it'll happen. The kids go back to school later this week and as soon as mine gets out of bed we're going to get the rest of his school supplies and then I need to do some house cleaning. (UGH). We were literally running all weekend and I got nothing done. I seriously fear someone is going to come to my door today and then we'll all have to hide and pretend like we're not home! LOL.

I hope you have a great Monday! God bless!
Sue :o)

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty butterfly card! Love the colors you used for it!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! I love how your butterflies shimmer! Great job making the card & with photographing that gold shimmer! Thanks for visiting my blog! :) TFS

    ReplyDelete