Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Buttons




I have a confession to make. In addition to hoarding paper - I also have a serious addiction to buttons. Okay, maybe it's not terribly serious. I don't steal other people's buttons and I don't lose sleep over it if I lose one of mine. But I love them! I love the colors, the shapes, and the textures and I love sinking my hands into the big old bowl of them I have in my craft room. I used to try to keep them organized by color in one of those plastic boxes with the little dividers, but the messy girl in me just couldn't comit to that kind of organization so now they all commingle in one place waiting for me to use them. The only problem is - I like them and I don't always want to part with them. LOL.

So today I got it in my head that I was going to use the buttons - take them out of the big pretty bowl and actually use them on a project. I've had this stamp set for awhile, and when I bought it from Clear Dollar Stamps I envisioned using buttons in the centers of the spirograph-ish swirls, so I decided to start with that. I stamped the image in different colored inks, cut them out with my Cuttlebug and scalloped circle Nestabilities dies, and then sewed two buttons (one stacked on top of the other) into the center of the image. I don't sew so it's a miracle I managed this task - and an even bigger miracle I was able to find a needle. After the buttons were sewn on, I layered the images onto coordinating scalloped circles of card stock. Now I just have to find a way to use these babies! I have an idea in my head, but I wasn't able to get to it tonight but I'm planning on it tomorrow. I hope you'll check back to see what it is!

Sue :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment