Friday, August 7, 2009

Christmas in August?



I got some new Christmas stamps from Clear Dollar Stamps the other day and I just couldn't wait to get them dirty!

I was going for a softer look on the first card, so I used watercolor pencils and an aqua painter to color the image. I also used some Stickles on the star and the halo. I got some new Spellbinders dies too so I used them on this card. I made the die cut, embossed it and then kept it inside the die and sponged it with navy blue ink. That way the white shows around the edges. I popped that piece up on foam tape, then cut out the image and popped that up on foam tape too. The little sentiment in the corner reads "His perfect gift."

Since I did a "soft" card I figured I might as well do a "bright" one as well. I colored this image with my ZIG markers and then cut it out with my Cuttlebug and more Spellbinders dies. I also embossed the green paper with my Cuttlebug and the argyle embossing folder. Boy, I had some major ribbon issues with this card. For some reason I could not get it lined up. Grrrr.

Thanks for looking!
Sue :o)

1 comment:

  1. I love your Christmas cards! Super job with the coloring! I just love those dollar stamps! Can't beat that bargain! :) TFS

    ReplyDelete