Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Time for Praise


I got nothing done in my craft room today, but that's okay. Sometimes we all need an ink-free day to refresh ourselves. I went to church with my family today, then my son and I went to visit my grandmother who is in a nursing home right now - recuperating from an injury. It makes me sad to see her getting so old and fragile. It got me to thinking about life and how quickly time passes and how sometimes we lose sight of what's really important. Then I happened to noticed today's Bible quote on my side bar and it just hit home - what IS really important. The quote changes daily so I'll type it again:
"This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." 1 John 4:10 (NIV)

Without that promise nothing else in my life would matter. I can live joyfully because not only does God take care of me here in this life, but He's provided for me for eternity! As most of you know, I am an avid gardener and I love flowers. To me - flowers are presents from God - a colorful reminder of His beauty and creativity. Today I'm putting a picture of one of His creations instead one of my own. The work of my hands is nothing in comparison to HIS! I hope you enjoy!

Hugs!
Sue :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment