Tuesday, July 28, 2009

TLC231 Quilled Flowers




This card is for TLC231 over at Split Coast Stampers - to use quilling on your card. I was so excited to see the challenge yesterday morning! I learned to do quilling when I was in junior high after I signed up to take cooking and the class filled up. I was really ticked off about it too and thought for sure I'd hate it. I didn't though LOL and have continued to do it for the last 25+ years. Sigh. That just made me feel old!

Anyway, I love making these little fringed flowers. You can buy a tool to make the fringe but I'm cheap and cut it by hand. The white part of the card is actually an old sampler card I had from SU (not sure if they still sell them) and the leaf stamp is an old one I've had in my drawer for years. I'm not even sure who made it because the wording on the side of the stamp is worn off and covered in ink. There's another secret in addition to my age - I'm a sloppy, sloppy stamper. LOL.

I've got a ton of stuff planned for today. I'm getting ready to put some new stuff in my Etsy shop and I have another project I'm going list here on my blog as well. Even though I'm a sloppy stamper I am addicted to organizing things and making lists so I came up with something that feeds both of those addictions.

I hope everyone is having a great Tuesday! Hugs!
Sue :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment