Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Getting Organized




I whipped up this little project yesterday and although it's nothing that spectacular as far as stamping goes, I thought I'd share it with you all anyway. I love to be organized and I love making lists. It just makes life simpler, I think, when you know what you're doing, what you need to do it and when you need to have it done.

One of my least favorite housewife/mom duties is grocery shopping. Ugh. I love to plan meals and I love to cook, but if I could get away with going to the store once a month I'd be tickled pink. For that reason, I try to be very thorough when making my shopping list. I sit down at the beginning of the week and make a menu, and as I make the menu I go through the kitchen to make sure I have everything I need. If I don't have it - I put it on the list. I find that it really cuts down on $$$ spent buying things I already have or don't really need, plus if I get it all in one shot I don't have to go back to the store.

So this is what I made to keep all my grocery shopping/meal planning stuff organized. I just took a regular old school folder and decorated it up with background papers and a cute stamped image and now I've got all my things in one place. I even took half an hour and typed up another list (see what I mean!) of meals I know my family likes, for those times when I'm having trouble deciding what to make on a particular night.

I hope you find this idea helpful! I think I'm going to make another one for Christmas - to keep my shopping list, card list and receipts organized over the holidays.

Hugs!
Sue :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment