Friday, May 29, 2009

CDSGDC0609 - Clear Dollar Stamps Guest Designer Submission


I've been thinking about doing this for some time now, so here goes! This is my submission for the Clear Dollar Stamps guest designer challenge. Naturally, I had to use one of the adorable Charlie stamps. This set is Charlie Daisy. I embossed the image on watercolor paper, cut it out with my Cuttlebug and Nestabilities scalloped oval dies, and then colored it with my ZIG markers. For the sky I used watercolor pencil and an aqua painter, and then I sponged the edges with turquoise ink. I also sponged some green ink on the bottom edge by the grass. Both ovals are popped up on foam tape.

The papers I used are Basic Grey - I think from the Marrakech collection. I ran the quilty looking paper through the Cuttlebug with the Herringbone embossing folder because I wanted it to have some texture - like an old quilt. I have absolutely no idea where I got the ribbon but I'm thinking I picked it up at Archivers a few years ago. I'm a bit of a hoarder and often surprise myself a second time when I come across something cool I bought six months ago. :o) I guess it's my way of amusing myself!
I hope everyone is having a great week!
God bless!
Sue :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment