Monday, September 28, 2009

Fall Flowers




Whew! What a week it's been. I'd like to thank everyone for their kind words over the last 5 days. Losing my little furry shadow has not been easy but the Lord has been true to His word and has not left me alone in my sorrow. What an awesome and wonderful God we have - that He cares about our tiniest little hurts and sees us through them. It occurred to me yesterday in church that nothing here on earth really belongs to us and that what we have (pets included) belongs to Him. He gave Cleo to me for 17 years - to take care of her and to love her - and then it was time to give her back to Him. I didn't want to. She was my first cat and has been with me through so much. It hurt to let go, but instead of being sad that she's gone, I'm chosing to thank Him for letting me have her for so long.

With that said, I'm happy to say I was able to get back in the saddle (so to speak) this weekend. Here's the one of the cards that will be going in the shop this morning. This card was made almost entirely with punches. The bushel basket is a clay pot punch that I sponged, cut and layered on foam tape, and the flowers were all made from punches I bought at an estate sale the week before last. I had a few more felt leaves left over from another project so I tossed those in just for fun. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up!.

I've got a busy week of stamping planned so check back often!

Have a blessed day!

Sue :o)

1 comment:

  1. Awh Sue - fitting words for your beauitful pet. Thanks so much for your kind words over at my place too - much appreciated.

    Your flower pot card is excellent - love the tones you've used on it and the flowerpot and flowers look great.

    Thanks again,

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete